Ai through The Ai Academy, helps investment and business leaders and policy makers to understand the evolution of climate investing in Africa, to enhance their performance, competitiveness and provide a fact base for decision-making at the continental level.
Our Water investment initiatives and interventions seek to:
- Establish African water as a globally competitive investable asset class,
- Support the International High-Level Panel on Water Investments for Africa develop actionable pathways to mobilise at least USD 30 billion of private investment annually to close the water investment gap in Africa.
- Champion institutional investor-public partnerships (IIPPs), to deploy private capital at speed for African water assets
- Increase MDB de-risking to mobilize private capital at scale for African water projects
- Mobilize private capital at scale for African water assets and Africa’s Just Energy Industrial Transition,
Ai Water investment Initiatives;
1. International High-Level Panel on Water Investments for Africa
Africa investor (Ai) sits on the International High-Level Panel on Water Investments for Africa’s Advisory Panel, with the mandate to assist the panel develop institutional investor-public partnerships (IIPPs) to mobilise at least USD 30 billion of private investment annually to close the water investment gap in Africa.
The African Water Investment Platform (AWIP)
The African Water Investment Platform (AWIP), is an investment platform investing primarily in regulated water and waste water utilities and long-term concessions, bulk water resource development, storage and transmission assets, and industrial water and waste water treatment infrastructure (“Water Investments”) in Africa. WAM Africa, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company (“WAM) and Africa investor Holdings Limited, a Seychelles (“Ai”) serve as the general partner of the platform (together WAM and Ai shall be referred to as the “General Partner”).
The Water Projects Barometer
An Africa investor (Ai) initiative with Frost and Sullivan Africa to showcase Africa’s bankable project pipeline and investment potential in water and sanitation.
The Resilient Water Accelerator
An Africa investor (Ai) initiative to support investor engagement for The Resilient Water Accelerator across Africa.
The Resilient Water Accelerator (RWA), was launched by His Majesty King Charles III (while HRH The Prince of Wales), as a Task Force of the Sustainable Markets Initiative (SMI) to attract blended climate investment at scale, for its international portfolio of bankable water investment projects, to boost resilience for water-stressed people in low- and middle-income countries.
For more information contact: Wendy Edwards: email@example.com
About Africa investor (Ai)
Africa investor (Ai) is an investment holding platform that aligns its client base of sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, family offices, and long-term investors with vetted infrastructure, private equity, and technology investment opportunities in Africa.