This forum, hosted by the UN-convened Net-Zero Asset Owner Alliance, aims to elevate the topic of blended finance to high-level decision makers ahead of the IMF/World Bank Annual Meeting and the 27th Session of the Conference of the Parties to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP 27).
Blended finance approaches require cooperation of at least three groups: donors, development banks, and private-sector financiers including institutional investors. Together, we must create an effective ecosystem to scale finance in emerging markets and developing economies. Doing so and removing the obstacles that lie in the way requires both political will and effective international governance.
The following forum speakers will discuss innovative avenues to scaling blended finance:
- Selwin Hart, Special Adviser to the Secretary-General on Climate Action and Just Transition, United Nations
- Dr. Jörg Kukies, G7 Sherpa to the German Chancellor and State Secretary in the Chancellery
- Dr. Mahmoud Mohieldin, UN Climate Change High-Level Champion for Egypt and Special Envoy on Financing 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, United Nations
- Marc-André Blanchard, Executive Vice-President and Global Head of Sustainability, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ)
- Magnus Billing, CEO, Alecta
- Chris Clubb, Managing Director, Convergence Blended Finance
- Dr. Hubert Danso, Advisory Board Chairman, African Green Infrastructure Investment Bank
- Dr. Andrea Hauser, Co-chair of the G7 task force for infrastructure investments, KfW
- Nick O’Donohoe, CEO, British International Investment
- Günther Thallinger, Allianz SE Board Member and Chair of the UN-convened Net-Zero Asset Owner Alliance